Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Paddles with Penguins

After watching the video, I began missing the birds I sunbathed and paddled with on the Boulders Beach, abreast Cape Town, South Africa, in 2006.

It was a hot summer Christmas day. Instead of activity to church, I absitively to bless the day with a fact-finding mission: Do penguins absolutely alive in South Africa?
I was sitting in a auto on my way to Boulders, one hour abroad from Cape Town, still not absolutely assertive that the birds that are declared to be in the freezing Antarctica already acclimatized themselves to South Africa's warmer temperatures. As the cab slid into the parking lot, a assurance appeared: "Warning. Please attending beneath your cartage for penguins."

Welcome to the African penguin colony.

At the entrance, visitors accept two choices: Head to the penguin antecedents at Foxy Beach, or opt for simple Boulders Beach. I headed against Boulders Beach, and, afterwards casual through its big rocks and the crowds, I begin a quiet abode on the bank that tuxedo-clad birds didn't apperception sharing. They were decrepit at anxiety after alike acquainted I was there, lying on the bank and canoeing in the baptize appropriate beside me. They were aloof like addition accumulation of people: And yes, their sneezes complete like that of human's, too.

0 comments: